20 alleged Bronx gang members in violent ‘drill rap scene’ indicted
Twenty alleged Bronx gang members were indicted Thursday in connection to a series of violent assaults and shootings over a more-than-three-year span in the “drill rap scene,” officials said.
“These defendants terrorized residents of the Fordham/Bedford Park neighborhoods who were forced to run for their lives as bullets flew,” Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark said announcing the takedown.
The joint operation between the DA’s office and the NYPD resulted in an 82-count indictment against the alleged members of the G-Side/Drilly gang, a subset of Bloods Sex Money Murder.
Law enforcement alleges the gang’s violent acts left two dead and six others wounded — and they would brag about the bloodshed in music videos online.
Thirteen of the alleged members had already been charged in heinous acts of violence — including a shooting inside a Bronx barbershop, when then-18-year-old Brandon Beltres and an unnamed teen allegedly opened fire on their target in October 2021.
The brazen shooting was captured on surveillance video.
The new court docs also indicted 20-year-old Precious Williams and a teen boy, who allegedly shot Delila Vásquez, 20, in the forehead, killing her inside an apartment on Hull Avenue.
The indictment led to the arrangement of seven other alleged members who were out on the street for various crimes.
“We vow to keep dismantling gangs and crews, and working hard to prevent the senseless violence so often associated with their activities,” Police Commissioner Keechant Sewell said.
Mayor Eric Adams has railed against the drill rap scene, and even called on social media outlets to ban the genre, which he says glorifies violence. He even held a meeting with members of the scene at City Hall in February.